January 15, 2009
Teaching your kids about their Government (Part 3/5)
I think it is very important that we raise children to value LEARNING about their Government and how it runs. Yes, the schools touch on these subjects, but based on some interesting exit poll interviewing….well, let’s just say, I want my family to have a better understanding of their great country.
As we approach the Inauguration, I thought it would fun to use this opportunity to teach the kids a few things about Presidents and the Constitution.
- Presidents are elected - You’re Not Elected, Charlie Brown DVD (you gotta love Joe Cool (Snoopy) as a campaign worker)
- Who was our 1st President - George Washington’s Teeth, by Chandra & Comora (the kids loved this story and learned that our first President had TERRIBLE teeth issues)
- What is the Constitution? - A More Perfect Union, by Betsy and Giulio Maestro
- What is an Inauguration - American History for Children Video Series
For the Adults in the Family:
- Review the Constitution - The U.S. Constitution and Fascinating Facts About It & The U.S. Constitution for Everyone — both GREAT reads (It had been 15 years since I had last read the entire Constitution.)
Question - When was the last time you read The Constitution?
Click here for more information on some of these books.Buttercup Books
Down home friends and what they say...
Post A Comment
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe to our feed here at Life at Buttercup Farm!
My Etsy Shop
My Other Blog
You can e-mail me anytime at shawn@lifeatbuttercup