January 25, 2009
Sunday Morning Treat
Sunday morning is my favorite time of the week. We have a ritual we never skip if we are home. Wonderful, cute, talented, cute (I know already said that, but it needed to said again) hubby gets up early to make us BREAKFAST. He turns on light classical tunes and CREATES. This morning was extra special, because, the little ones had a sleepover at their grandparents. So, in addition to the wonderful food we also had a little P&Q:-)
Here is one of his best recipe’s:
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND ONION OMELETTE
2 Eggs per omelette
1/2 piece of Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage
2 TBS chopped onion per omelette
1 Slice 2% American Cheese-break into little pieces
1 tsp Water
1. Chop Onion and Sausage into “tiny” pieces
2. Cook Onion until translucent–set aside
3. Cook Sausage until warm through–set aside
4. Beat Eggs and water in a pyrex measuring cup (makes for easy pouring)
5. Pour egg into medium heat omelette non-stick pan cover the bottom of the pan cook
6. Cook until egg starts to harden on the bottom–spoon on cooked onion, sausage, and american cheese
7. When omelette is almost cooked trough fold the omelette over–cook until egg is cooked through.
8. Serve with a piece of whole wheat toast.
The spicy sausage mixed with the mild flavor of american cheese, give this omelette the perfect amount of “hot”.
Down home friends and what they say...
Uncle Bob said:
We’ll be there next Sunday morning! Forget the P&Q.
Please thank your handsome hubby for the wonderful omelette recipe!… It looks scrumptious…. I will ask my handsome hubby to prepare one for me this weekend….. What is it about men and breakfast…… they really know how to start our day!!!!!!!!! Glad you two had some private time this past weekend away from the kiddos.
artist in NC said:
Shawn, I know I am posting in the wrong place.LOL I wanted you to know how much I loved the video of the children in the snow. It was heartwarming as your entire farm seems to be.
Post A Comment
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe to our feed here at Life at Buttercup Farm!
My Etsy Shop
My Other Blog
You can e-mail me anytime at shawn@lifeatbuttercup