March 8, 2010
Fit by 40 - Vege Pizza
Three weeks into my Fit by 40 program, I have lost a total of six pounds. Right on target for my goal of 1.5 pounds a week. As I develop my daily menus, I keep in mind the following: Calories, fiber, vegetable/fruit servings, flavor, and how full will I feel after the meal. About once or twice a week I have been making Vege Pizzas. The key to these pizzas are the whole grain tortillas, only 100 calories and five grams of fiber! The other key ingredient, a flavorful olive…I used Kalamata for this recipe.
Ingredients to make two Vege Pizza Tortillas
- 2 Whole grain flour tortilla
- 6 Flavorful Olives chopped
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 tomato Fresh Tomato slices
- 3 Roasted red/yellow peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup Organic red sauce (look for low sugar sauce)
- 1/8 cup hard cheese grated (parmesan)
I usually eat two of these pizzas, which I equal around 400 calories.
- Oven temperature: 375
- Pre-cook the tortillas for 5 minutes until they are a bit crisp
- Spread sauce, vegetables, and top with cheese
- Place back in oven until cheese is melted
- Enjoy every flavorful bite!
Down home friends and what they say...
Bobbie Fey said:
So proud of you Shawn! The veggie pizza looks delicious and I am going to try one, yum. Love your blogs and look forward to them. ~Happiness & Smiles~ Bobbie
Kris Connell said:
Way to go and the pizza looks great! Would love to hear more about your Fit by 40 plan…
Post A Comment
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe to our feed here at Life at Buttercup Farm!
My Etsy Shop
My Other Blog
You can e-mail me anytime at shawn@lifeatbuttercup