March 19, 2010
My absolute FAVORITE, FAVORITE, FAVORITE pasta toss! I love the savory, bitter, sweet combination of these basic ingredients.
- Turkey Sausage
- Red Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
Cook sausage, red pepper, and garlic together until turkey is cooked through. Add Kale until desired doneness (I like mine a little crunchy). Toss with cooked pasta of choice and sprinkle with cheese. This is a 15 minute dinner!
March 8, 2010
Three weeks into my Fit by 40 program, I have lost a total of six pounds. Right on target for my goal of 1.5 pounds a week. As I develop my daily menus, I keep in mind the following: Calories, fiber, vegetable/fruit servings, flavor, and how full will I feel after the meal. About once or twice a week I have been making Vege Pizzas. The key to these pizzas are the whole grain tortillas, only 100 calories and five grams of fiber! The other key ingredient, a flavorful olive…I used Kalamata for this recipe.
Ingredients to make two Vege Pizza Tortillas
- 2 Whole grain flour tortilla
- 6 Flavorful Olives chopped
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 tomato Fresh Tomato slices
- 3 Roasted red/yellow peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup Organic red sauce (look for low sugar sauce)
- 1/8 cup hard cheese grated (parmesan)
I usually eat two of these pizzas, which I equal around 400 calories.
- Oven temperature: 375
- Pre-cook the tortillas for 5 minutes until they are a bit crisp
- Spread sauce, vegetables, and top with cheese
- Place back in oven until cheese is melted
- Enjoy every flavorful bite!
April 13, 2009
If you are like most American families, you probably have dozens of these beauties sitting in your fridge right now. Here is wonderful list of Hard Boiled Egg Recipes. Check out the Hindoo Eggs…it sounds similar to a dish that my friend from the Seychelles Islands prepares–Egg Curry…DELICIOUS!.
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe to our feed here at Life at Buttercup Farm!
My Etsy Shop
My Other Blog
You can e-mail me anytime at shawn@lifeatbuttercup