July 16, 2009
Things are REALLY starting to shape up on Buttercup Barn. Outside woodwork, almost complete.
Here is what we have finished:
- Replaced rotten wood
- Concrete floor poured in first floor of the barn.
- Removed all hazardous material (bat poop) from loft
- Bleached all surfaces in barn
- Installed cable system to keep the roof and walls in barn from caving in
- Removed all old wood on front and back of barn, replaced with new
- Insulated loft floor
- Ordered windows/doors, installed 1/2 (so far)
- Placed loft floor
- Demoed milk house
- Framed new walls (in loft and downstairs)
- Electrical rough-in
- Assembled Cupola
Next two weeks:
- Finish installing windows and doors
- Install wall slats/panelling downstairs
- Install plywood walls upstairs
- Install Dance Floor
- Build Steps/Deck to Loft
- Install electrical fixtures/fans
- Install divider doors downstairs
- Repair/Paint Metal Roof
- …..so much more:-)
Bear with me this summer…I have been a little slow to write due to the nature of “summer”, the barn reno, and the launch of my new business website. I will work hard to keep in touch a couple times a week.
Down home friends and what they say...
Melanie Tindale said:
Fantastic progress - way to go!!
It looks really good! I noticed the 929 Gallery sign in the background…seems like so long ago!
wow! the barn looks great - looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Shawn…this is going to look so amazing…can’t wait to see the finished product!
You have more drive and ambition IN YOUR SLEEP than most of us muster in a lifetime!
It looks beautiful, and will come to life very soon!
artist in NC said:
This looks fantastic…I am ready to move in. LOL
The barn looks incredible so far! Can’t wait to see the continued progress.
Post A Comment
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe to our feed here at Life at Buttercup Farm!
My Etsy Shop
My Other Blog
You can e-mail me anytime at shawn@lifeatbuttercup