February 15, 2009
25 Random Things
If you are on Facebook, like I am, I am sure that you have been tagged with “25 Random Things”
Thought I’d share mine today.
- I love being a Mother AND I also like having my own passions, hobbies and interests.
- I am a classic “Jack of All Trades, Master of None”.
- I have a weird obsession with Williamsburg, VA and have been there 5 times in the last two years.
- I started Irish Dancing when I was 37.
- I puked for 7 months when I was pregnant with my second child.
- I changed my Major 6 times in college–It took me 5+years to get out of college because I couldn’t make up my damn mind (you see where “Jack of all Trades, Master of None”-makes sense now).
- Graduated with a degree in Literature (American/English), minor in Journalism, 1 class shy of two additional minors (Economics and Government and Politics). If you personally know me, you can see how this makes perfect sense.
- The furthest math I completed in College was Math 101, basically remedial math, and I took that at a community college so that I had a chance of passing.
- Weirdly though, I totally ACED Statistics of Journalism (received an A+, the curve of the class was 60%) which led to an interview and re-test by the Academic Board at University of Maryland (because of my Math history and the standard curve). Got an A+ on the retest.
- My children will have a hard time pulling much over on me when they get to high school—unfortunately for them…I was up to a whole lot of no good at that age.
- When I was born, I had a Great-Great Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, Grandmother, Mother, and ME. 5 generations alive at one time (I have a picture to prove it).
- I broke the cycle when I didn’t have a baby at 21 as each of the women above did before me.
- I am a way stricter parent than my parents were.
- My favorite movie is “The Color Purple” and I have seen it at least 100 times…my favorite scene was the church scene in the end when the Gospel choir is sing “God is Trying to Tell you Something”.
- I cry in any movie where infidelity is the subject…HEARTBURN with Jack Nicholson and Merrill Streep…that’s a killer.
- One of the saddest moments of my childhood was when a good friends Dad passed away…I was 15 years old.
- I love infomercials…especially ones with exercise products.
- My father was in a band when I grew up and because of that, I love bluegrass music.
- I lived at the beach when I was 16 years old for a summer (once again, I am a much stricter parent than my parents were–never be allowed at the Buttercup).
- My mother was 38 years old when I graduated High School–that is how old I am now.
- When my kids move out of the house, I will live in warm weather during the winter….Not a big fan of the cold for long periods of time.
- I have no memory of ANYTHING before my parents divorced.
- Growing up in the 70’s with very few “extras”, I still got to do some really neat/different things as a kid.
- I have 1 brother, 2- half brothers, 2 half sisters, 1 step sister, 2 step brothers and 1 adopted brother.
- I still have 2 grandmothers and 1 grandfather in my life.
- My best friends make me laugh until I cry (you know who you are).
- I built an amphitheater in my backyard so that I could host a concert series every summer.
- The ONLY food I won’t eat is canned cranberry sauce.
- I read at least 4 or 5 books at one time.
- My husband is a perfect match for me.
- I Love my Family, but more importantly, I LIKE my family.
- I talk to my mother just about every day and I rarely hang up without telling her that I love her.
- I TELL MY HUSBAND AND MY CHILDREN THAT I LOVE THEM EVERYDAY–AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY!
Down home friends and what they say...
Post A Comment
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe to our feed here at Life at Buttercup Farm!
My Etsy Shop
My Other Blog
You can e-mail me anytime at shawn@lifeatbuttercup